My experience working on professional newsletters began in graduate school at the University of Washington. I took a lead role in publishing the annual alumni newsletter for the Department of Technical Communication. Since then, I played a role in developing and publishing online and print newsletters for Merck, Rosetta Biosoftware, Lake Washington Rowing Club, and the UW Professional & Continuing Education (UWPCE).
UWPCE Newsletter, 2011 – 2012
- Description: A monthly newsletter delivered to the UWPCE community of students, alumni, and instructors. Features articles about career topics, certificate and degree spotlight, and UWPCE news and events. Articles are posted on our website and the newsletter is delivered to our community by email.
- Responsibilities: Served on the editorial board, developed content, and wrote articles.
Rosetta Biosoftware Messenger, 2008-2009
Download a full issue of the Messenger newsletter. (PDF)
- Description: A bi-monthly customer newsletter featuring customer profiles, product tips, and company news. This e-newsletter was published on the Rosetta Biosoftware website and delivered by email.
- Responsibilities: Served as project manager and lead writer and editor. Interviewed customers and product managers, managed the editorial calendar, and wrote articles.
Biomarker & Target Reporter, 2006-2008
Example not available.
- Description: An internal quarterly newsletter for Merck Research Laboratories (MRL) featuring research and employee profiles. The tone was technical and the goal was to educate the Merck organization about current research and resources available from MRL.
- Responsibilities: Served as project manager and editor. Coordinated writers, interviewed researchers, and wrote articles.
posTComm, 2005-2006, 2008
Download the full issue of posTComm, 2006 (PDF)
- Description: An annual print publication for the UW Department of Technical Communication (renamed to the Department of Human Centered Design and Engineering), which was delivered to alumni, current students, donors, and faculty.
- Responsibilities: Served as writer/editor and project manager in 2006. Coordinated volunteer writers and designers, maintained editorial calendar, and wrote articles.
- Conducted an annual story writing workshop for volunteer writers, 2005-2009.